In less than a month, my other half and I will be moving into our new apartment together. This is the first time for the both of us to make such commitment - sharing an apartment with a partner. (Without our own apartment to fall back on, of course.) It's both exhilarating and terrifying at the same time!
Here we are, at the point of no return. From the moment we decided to discuss with our families, we knew there was only one choice - to march forward and never look back.
So why do I say that it's exhilarating?
Well, how wonderful must it be to wake up next to someone you love every morning, and fall asleep in his arms every night? There will be no, 'your place or my place?' questions, but more of, 'our place' questions. There will be no lugging around pieces of clothing and laptops - for our things can stay where they are.
It's comforting to know that someone wants to spend his time with you as much as you want to spend your time with him. It takes a lot for someone to finally say, ok let's try this and see where we end up!
And I say that it's horrifying.. just because now both he and I have nothing to fall back on. If there's a fight, we can't run back to our own space.
Plus the fact that everyone keeps asking about the M word. ARGH.
Why the rush, people?

1 Comments:
Welcome back!! I knew you'd be back after work is done :) Congrats on moving in together. We'll pay you a visit within the next year for sure!! Are you keeping your cars? Miss you na!
Post a Comment
<< Home